On the breakdown of a marriage
It is important to consider carefully the options that may be available to you and the best approach to take in your circumstances. If you consider that your marriage has broken down irretrievably, since the law changed in April 2022, you can commence divorce proceedings immediately (as long as you have been married for at least one year).
Alternatively, it may be that you prefer not to divorce but to try to formally resolve with your spouse any issues arising from your separation. In such circumstances, the best way forward may be to draw up a Separation Agreement, setting out the precise terms of any settlement agreed. If you decide to divorce subsequently, the Separation Agreement will, in most cases, then form the basis of the divorce settlement.
We can provide to you all the necessary expert advice and guidance in helping you decide how best to proceed. As part of our comprehensive service, we also provide:
- Fixed price divorce applications.
- Specialist advice focused to meet your needs and requirements.
- As members of Resolution, a commitment to follow their code of conduct.
- Collaborative Law (a non-court based resolution of disputes).
- Cost effective approach to resolving all matters.