Skip to content

Complaints Statement

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service Starke Family Law or its representatives have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it will be helpful to contact in writing by letter or email the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns. Alternatively, contact the Sole Principal / Complaints Principal direct, Mr. Andrew Delo

on or 01403 599111. Please note, complaints will always be handled by Mr. Andrew Delo. Please also refer to your signed Client Care letter. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with Lawyers. Please note that before accepting a complaint for investigation the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman not later than one year from the date: –

  • Of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • When you should have realised that there was cause for complaint.

In any event, you should refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.

The Legal Ombudsman has discretion to accept out-of-time complaints where it considers it “fair and reasonable to do so”.

Visit: Write to: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH

What to do if you are unhappy with our conduct

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can assist if you are concerned about our conduct. This could be for issues such as dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristics.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.